Our behaviour policy is designed to:
- Promote a positive climate and learning culture within school
- Provide a safe school environment for all
- Develop an understanding of what appropriate behaviours are
- Define a framework for rewarding success and de-escalating negative behaviours
- Promote self-esteem, self-regulation and positive relationships with all staff members
- Involve parents/carers, pupils and staff in the application of this policy and establish strong communication
The expectation of children is that they will follow the Oakwell Rise Promise:
- Be Safe
- Be Honest
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
- Be the best that YOU can be
The expectation of adults is that they will:
- Consistently apply the Behaviour Policy fairly, without favour and actively model appropriate behaviours
- Encourage, praise and listen to children
- Establish a culture of positive rewards whilst monitoring a consistent approach across school
- Celebrate positive behaviour and instil a sense of pride in those pupils achieving this
- Have high expectations of children’s attitudes to learning, play and transitions through school
- Collaborate with team members in order to uphold and maintain high standards of behaviour at all times
- Ensure that classroom practice fosters cooperation and collaboration (learning by doing, rather than learning by do not).
- Keep a record of all incidents of serious or gross misconduct (see Appendix 1) and ensure that the Head teacher and parents/carers are informed of any such incidents within that same day.
- Consistently implement the language of choice to de-escalate situations and incidents (see Appendix 2).
- Develop and maintain Individual Behaviour Plans for pupils who present consistently unacceptable behaviours.
- Communicate effectively with parents/carers